Thursday, April 3, 2008

Today's Chocolate

Today's chocolate is a .5 ounce triangle of Moonstruck Chocolate's Dark Bar, 68% cacao. I like this flavor, sometimes I can detect a spicy tang like a peppery afterthought when it's dissolved completely on my tongue. I'm down to my last triangle of this, and soon I'll have to order more.

Moonstruck is based in Portland, Oregon, which was the site of this year's EPICon convention. Nice city, but I didn't stay long enough to enjoy it. Had a few bottles of Rainier at this great place called Le Bistro Montage (try the SPAM Mac, and be warned, it's a loud place) and met a truck driver who educated me on the life of "Lot Lizards." I'm calling it research and plan to write off that dinner.

I picked up six Moonstruck bars at a gift shop and have been enjoying them a half-ounce at a turn on weekdays. I expect to see my supply depleted soon, but luckily they have a shop in Northern Virginia and I'll refill in July when I visit.

Today's chocolate quote: "I never met a chocolate I didn't like." - Deanna Troi (Marina Sirtis)

No comments: