Thursday, April 24, 2008

Buddy, Can You Spare A Liver?

Apparently somebody did.

I've mentioned this on the Phaze Authors loop and few private boards, but my father is in need of a liver transplant. About a week or so ago he was approved for the transplant list, and I settled back for what I thought would be a long wait. Turns out they may have one for him, and he's being prepped for surgery now. Truthfully, I'm not sure how to feel right now. I am happy he has this chance for a second life, but then I think that the liver might not be suitable, or his body might reject it. Then he has to get through the operation...just too much to think about. I'm just trying to stay positive and let things fall according to God's, or whatever cosmic will makes the Earth turn.

I won't divulge any more until I know more, but as anxious as I'm feeling now there may be more than one chocolate review today.

No comments: